13 January 2015

Bella Glass Studios

5 years ago, when I got that wild hair which led me to glass fusing and PMC (Precious Metal Clay), I discovered Bella Glass Studios. Every glass fusing class that I have taken has been at that location including some very amazing classes with guest instructors.

The first class that I took was Beginning Fusing. From their website "One of the best, most inclusive Beginning Fusing classes around! Now is your chance to explore the creative designs of warm glass. This is the perfect class to learn all the basics, and more, about fusing glass. In this class you will learn the fundamentals of kiln forming while creating your own exciting fused glass and slumped glass pieces. Supplies and kiln fees are included for a total of 4 projects; a vase, 4x6 picture frame, 2 coasters & 2 jewelry pieces. This class is a great price for all the knowledge and numerous projects you get to take home with you! (After firing of course.)." It's only $125 and you learn to cut glass, grind glass, and all about fusing glass.

(Yes, I stole this picture from the Bella Glass site. I'll have to add in the picture of my pieces.)

I can still remember how excited I was for this first class (as much excitement as with the PMC class). I had no idea that it would set me up for a life long love of glass fusing and creating. Shannon (the owner) and her daughter Michelle plus their incredible staff are such warm and wonderful people. You learn so much and they're so helpful and encouraging. Every class that I've been to has been this way. When they have those guest instructors, either Shannon or Michelle (or both!) are around, often assisting in whatever ways they can. 

If you feel that creative energy inside you and you don't know how to release it, try glass fusing at Bella Glass. I've gone every year except this past one to their ornament fusing class. I have seen people say that they have no spark of creativity anywhere in their body and they end up creating some of the most gorgeous ornaments. I often end up overthinking the process instead of just going with my instincts. 

I highly recommend Bella Glass Studios and their very talented and terrific employees. In another post, I'll discuss some of the other classes that I've taken their with guest instructors.

No comments: