16 January 2015

Hush / Sensory Bottles

Another thing that I've tried from Pinterest was a gift for my nephews. I created Hush / Sensory / Calm Down / Whatever You Want to Call Them bottles. I have a secret board filled with ideas for babies and toddlers, things that I can make or buy for Q and D. 

There are SO MANY different versions to choose from but a few of my favourites are:

These are the bottles that I created for Q. I included one that has a couple of rubber balls, another one with beads that rattle, and they all have glitter and food colouring as well as clear dishwashing soap, Aleene's Tacky Glue and clear baby oil. I also used some glittery Elmer's Glue. 

They're very simple to create but it's trial and error. I messed up a few bottles because the colours didn't mix well or there were weird lumps. 

 These are the bottles with everything settled.

These are the bottles after I shook them up.

This is a little bag that I bought in the craft section of Walmart. I bought the iron on letters but glued them on with E6000, my most favourite brand of glue. 

If you're going to be giving these bottles to toddlers, I highly recommend gluing the lids down with E6000. I put the glue high up around the rim of the bottle (right where a person's lips would touch) and then twisted the lid on tight. I know bottles go into the mouths of toddlers so I didn't want Q to put the bottle in his mouth and get glue in it.

No comments: